Laurie works with families with attachment, trauma and adopotion-related issues. She is a TBRI® practitioner who has received extensive training in attachment from Karyn Purvis at the KP Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University. She is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) and receives ongoing training from them.
Laurie is also an adoptive parent and has been with Families Forever Counseling since 2013. She and her husband were married in 1991 and have four children including one adopted internationally in 2006. They are part of their church’s marriage mentor team, offering premarital counseling for more than a decade. She savors time with her husband, family, and friends and enjoys camping, hiking and reading.
My Approach & Values
I strive to establish a safe therapeutic environment so clients can feel comfortable and establish trust. I utilize a personalized approach, tailoring sessions to the individualized needs of each client. As a Christian therapist, I’m passionate about helping others understand what God is doing in their specific situation. However, I try to be sensitive and respectful of each person’s individual values and beliefs, whether Christian or non-Christian.
I want to help others understand their specific attachment style, and how their own history plays into how they relate to others currently. With God’s help, I desire to restore hope and work toward healing and restoration for those I work with through a collaborative counseling relationship.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Part of Families Forever Counseling since 2013
- Over 10 years of counseling experience
- TBRI® practitioner & teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Miami University
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University
- Received attachment-based, trauma-informed training from Karyn Purvis, KP Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital
Families Forever Counseling
4829 East Beltline Ave. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525